The BlackVue DR900S Series is the world’s first 4K Ultra HD Cloud-connected dashboard camera and takes video fidelity to a whole new performance level. The DR900S-1CH is BlackVue’s range-topping single camera model, engineered for the user who demands the finest video quality day and night.
BlackVue is a global leader and innovator in the field of in-car video technology and has always put image quality and next-generation functionality at the forefront of their product development, and the introduction of 4K UHD recording resolution and Cloud-connectivity is an iconic moment in the evolution of the dash cam. Along with 4K recording, the DR900S-1CH features HEVC compression, dual-band 2.4-5GHz Wi-Fi and BlackVue Over the Cloud connectivity, making it the ultimate car camera for protection when driving or while parked.
The 4K Ultra High Definition resolution contains exactly four times as many pixels as Full HD, 3840 pixels × 2160 lines to be exact, equivalent to 8.3 million pixels. For a dashboard camera, this can mean the difference between an unusable pixelated blur and a readable licence plate, especially at speed or in low light conditions. To take even greater advantage of the extra resolution, the DR900S Series packs a massive ultra-wide 162 degree lens for incredible clarity and detail from edge-to-edge. The DR900S-1CH performs exceptionally well at night and in dark environments, while maintaining a low level of noise. In daylight, the ability to “freeze” the action is nothing short of spectacular, thanks to a high shutter speed, so users can clearly see the details of vehicles even in adjacent lanes at the edges of the screen.
When handling 4K footage, storage space is always going to be a primary concern, fortunately the DR900S Series incorporates the best in video compression technology: HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding), also referred to as H.265, is the leading standard in broadcasting and streaming of 4K video content. This major advance allows the DR900S-1CH to store as much 4K footage on a 16GB microSD card as a standard Full HD dash cam would.
But it’s not only about the quality of the image, the DR900S-1CH includes GPS logging, Wi-Fi, Cloud connectivity and impact and motion detection – all in a premium quality, discreet and compact design that is BlackVue’s signature.
BlackVue’s unique app-driven Over The Cloud platform is an industry first, a suite of realtime features that let you connect to the DR900S-1CH anytime, from anywhere in the world. Enjoy remote Live View and Push Notifications to your phone. Back up important videos to the free Cloud storage. Play and download videos from your dash cam’s memory or the Cloud from anywhere. Enjoy Two-way Voice Communication with the driver from the app through the BlackVue’s integrated speaker and mic. Whether you are driving or away from your vehicle in parking mode, you can rest assured that your BlackVue DR900S-1CH will capture all the critical details.
BlackVue DR900S-1CH 16GB Dash Cam Extra Info
- 4K Ultra HD video recording – 4 times Full HD resolution
- 8 megapixel CMOS sensor for superb clarity night or day
- BlackVue ‘Over the Cloud’ equipped – suite of connected features that allows the user to connect with their dash cam remotely ‘over the cloud’
- Ultra-wide 162 Degree Viewing Angle – what the dash cam sees and records is enough to catch action beyond that of the human eye, which has a viewing angle of only 120 degrees.
- Night Vision Mode
- Built-In Wi-Fi – allows the BlackVue to communicate with a smartphone or tablet via the BlackVue app, without the need for cables or the removal of the SD card. Files can be viewed, downloaded, setting changed etc.
- GPS logging of location and speed
- HEVC (H.265) video compression technology
- Supports Up To 128GB microSD™ Card (16GB card supplied)
- Loop Recording & Intelligent Parking Mode – the BlackVue will constantly record over the oldest video clips, unless they are ‘event’ files (when something important has been recorded) which are protected and cannot be overwritten.
- Impact and Motion Detection
- Event File Protection
- User-Friendly Interface (Voice Guidance & LED)
- Wireless Firmware Upgrade (Firmware upgraded over-the-air) – no need to connect to a PC or Mac, the firmware can be updated via a smartphone or tablet.
- Adaptive Format-Free Technology – A BlackVue exclusive feature – means that the BlackVue will organise and then manage the files on the SD card to reduce the need for regular reformatting or the potential for corruption.
- Intelligent Parking Mode – With a Power Magic Pro or OBD Power Connector, the BlackVue will continue recording after the vehicle’s engine is no longer running, monitoring the vehicle when you’re not around. It will then automatically switch-off should the vehicle’s battery start to run down to a level where it may not be able to restart the car.
- Discreet Design – all black casing for stealth installation
- Quick release windscreen mount
- One Touch Self Format and advanced file management – microSD cards are formatted in the BlackVue device itself, no need to remove and format in a PC.
- BlackVue App (Android and iOS, Windows 8/TR)
- BlackVue Viewer application (Mac and Windows)
|Degree of viewing angle:||162°|
|Micro SD Included:||Yes|
|Sensors:||3-Axis Acceleration Sensor|
|Video Quality:||4K UHD|